Monday, October 7, 2013

Maui on my Mind

This time last year, Reymond was in Maui competing at the 2012 Xterra World Championships. He was joined by new and old friends alike. Despite a nasty fall, a contusion, bruises and cuts all over his arms, legs and rib area, he claims to have had the time of his life. So typical. How I wish I had joined him on that trip. It's one of the few times we were ever apart during our marriage. Sigh. 

I found this blog entry through my friend Mandy. It was written by a dear tri friend, Joyette Jopson. Joyette met Reymond at the Tour of Hope in 2011 and they have been fast friends since. Joyette has had her share of painful losses and so she was one of the first to reach out to me when Reymond passed. She offered a sympathetic hug and told me things will be okay. I really truly believe her. After seeing her and her brother Noy weather the loss of their own father, I knew my girls would survive. I hope and pray that my girls will be as strong-willed and determined as Joyette and Noy. 

This blog entry was written last month but the championships will be on October 27. If Reymond were alive, he would be finding a way to get to Maui! That's just how he is, that's just how he's built. 

Happy Tuesday! Happy Reading! 



2 comments:

Puyat Tuason said...

your blog is a blessing to me. stoic, i knew i was, yet tears were streaming down my face as I went thru your narration; of a painful lost and that conscious effort to move on. i felt your pain and realized that we all live in borrowed time and we have to make the best out of it. tonight, i will ride my bike and will offer the first ten kilometers for your family. that God who cannot be outdone in generosity bless you with genuine joy, unwavering faith, love so strong and a wellspring of humor. God bless you, kat :)

32 flavors said...

Thank you for your beautiful words. God bless your kind heart as well.