Monday, September 30, 2013

Curves



My last race before yesterday's Jumblethon was Tri United 1, the race where I lost Reymond. Although yesterday's race was supposed to be 'fun', it really meant a lot to me given all the mixed emotions that came with participating. I was excited to be with my teammates yet scared because I was 'racing' again. I didn't know how I would react to the race conditions.

Good thing I had my teammates with me to keep me company. We lovingly refer to ourselves as the ANST Curves. From the get go, I was told that it would be my race to finish. The Curves would be with me all the way. If I wanted to stop, we would all stop. Gosh, imagine the pressure on me!

We finished the race without a hitch. No one got left behind. We started this race together and we finished it together. What a glorious Sunday!

Thank you for going the distance with me, Curves. I will cherish this 'first' race always.

Darling, I know you expected more from me. I bet you were so upset when I walked during the run. Haha! Despite my perceived lack of aggressiveness, I want you to know that it was done lovingly and sincerely. I want to continue to honor your legacy and I believe this is the best way how. I will never be podium worthy but I will always give it my 100% effort.

Sharing with you the video our teammate Mark did. It is a beautiful story of friendship, love, strength, courage and never leaving anyone behind.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kat, just saw your video! Job well done! Such a wonderful way to honor and keep Mon's memory alive. You inspire and give me hope. Xoxo Karina